Journal‎ > ‎

A day full of 1sts

posted Nov 21, 2013, 8:14 PM by FightingFor Mya

Today, Mya & I flew to DC to visit my younger brother, Pete & his wife Jillian. This was Mya's first time on an airplane & she did great! She kept saying she wanted to go way up high, when were we going to get to the plane, etc etc. When the big moment came and we were on the plane, it almost seemed anticlimactic for her. She looked around her seat and seemed to think, that's all there is to this?!? She got a little nervous when the plane landed and the pilot put on the brakes, but overall she handled the experience like a champ! She complained a little bit about her ears, but not too much.

We collected our bags & met Pete & Jill. They were so happy to see us! Mya then took her first ride on an escalator and a people mover as well. She was a little hesitant, but got the hang of things quickly. We went over to the hotel & got checked in, then we were off to our 1st surprise. We went to an American Girl store! I've heard of them, but have never been to one. Let me tell you, it's quite the experience! Mya picked out her doll that looks like her and was able to get an outfit for her & her own dog for the dolly! Afterwards, we had an late lunch/early dinner at the American Girl cafe. Mya was able to have her new friend sit at the table right next to her. Her dolly had some tea while we ordered & ate our food.

Then we went to Pete & Jills house to meet their two pugs, Manny & Kitten. They were so excited to see Mya & vise versa! The three of them played together the whole time we were there. We took the doggies for a walk, but it was getting late, so we called it a day.

Mya made it back to the hotel, got into her pjs, and pretty much passed out in bed. As I'm typing this, she is right next to me out like a light. I am SO PROUD of her today. She handled this whole day of travel so well! I couldn't have asked her to be any easier.

Tomorrow, we take on the zoo! The weather is supposed to be around 62, so it should be good walking around weather. I'll try to post again tomorrow night to let everyone know how it goes.

Stay tuned for our adventure at the zoo!!