Journal‎ > ‎

Numbers climbing, energy returning

posted Jan 6, 2014, 1:50 PM by FightingFor Mya   [ updated Jan 6, 2014, 1:52 PM ]

Last night went well, still had bouts of diarrhea. However, we got to sleep from 10pm until 3pm undisturbed. That felt great! Then at 4am, Mya decided to start her day. She wanted to watch tv. So while she did that, I went back to sleep! Got up for good around 7am, Mya was still watching tv.

Her labs came in this morning with great news. Her ANC is at 120 & is rising! Her heart rate is where it should be, thankfully. The team wants to keep her off the steroid we were doing at home since she hasn't had that since we've been here, so that's one less drug to do with her at home! They said that she is looking much better and they want to start her on Pedialite again. I asked if we could wait until the afternoon. She is still having diarrhea, so I want to give her a little more time. The stool sample we were waiting on has come back negative, so they are unsure which virus she had in her gut. Therefore, I want to give her body a little bit more time to right itself inside her gut.

We've been busy doing crafts & her stickers. Will look to made get her to take a nap (maybe). Ray will be coming tonight and I will be going home (finally). 5 days in a little room is quite a bit. I'm looking forward to sleeping in a real bed tonight! And seeing my youngest child!!

If Mya's numbers continue to climb (& I see no reason why they wouldn't), it is possible she could be home by this Wednesday or Thursday. They will discharge her once her ANC looks a little better and she can tolerate some liquid formula. So, those benchmarks aren't too far away.

Then, when we are home & she feels well enough, we should be Disney-bound! I'll post again tomorrow, once we know her numbers. Here's to hoping the drive home tonight won't be too treacherous. I'm hearing that the temperature is supposed to drop quite a bit. Stay safe out there!