Journal‎ > ‎

Waiting for the snow to arrive...

posted Feb 23, 2013, 9:41 AM by FightingFor Mya   [ updated Feb 25, 2013, 10:37 AM ]
We had a good appointment yesterday at Dana Farber. We had to go back on Friday because on Thursday, Mya's blood work showed that she needed platlets and red blood cells. So Mya was given some platlets and some red blood cells to help boost her levels. My mom and I went with Mya and sat with her while this was being done. We got there around 10am and left around 3:15pm. They took her temperature many times, each time I held my breath. If she read 100.4 or higher, we would have been admitted. But, at the end, we were released! Got home around 5pm. Long day for everyone.

For today, the goal is to continue to rest and see if we can get any food into Mya. So far she's had some bites of applesauce, a couple of pieces of cereral (highly sugered, because Ray won't eat anything else), and now she has a banana in hand, attempting to eat it.

I just got back from grocery shopping, beat the crowds. Now, we can all relax and stay inside for the snow that's coming.

On Monday, Ray and Mya will go back to Dana Farber to get a quick chemo shot to finish off Cycle 3. I'm off to work on Monday, yay!
Comments