Journal‎ > ‎

Still Neutropenic

posted Mar 12, 2013, 12:21 AM by FightingFor Mya

Well, we had a good start to the say today. Mya ate a whole banana (minus one bite, Mommy had that!) and a few bites of a strawberry. She had a lot of energy this morning, so we played with our balloons, sang songs, and watched some TV.

We had to wait for the visiting nurse until 2:30pm. She was coming back from vacation and had a lot to catch up on. So, she came by and took some blood for the lab. She put a rush on it and we got lucky, we got the results before everyone went home for the day.

Mya is still neutropenic. Her hemoglobin is 10.9 (similar to you & me), her platlets are at 110K, her white blood cell count is only at 1,300. This is what we are waiting to rise. The nurse who called said that she could tell by the rest of the numbers within the panel that she is poised to rise explosively; however you can't predict when that will happen.

So, the plan right now is to have blood taken again this Wednesday to see where she is on her white blood count. If she is good, I think we will start chemo on Thursday. If she isn't, we will still go to Dana Farber for our appointment. When there, Ray & I will have an indepth conversation with the Oncology team on what the plan is going forward.

I'm off to work tomorrow, and Ray gets to spend the day with Mya. They will have a great day together, I know it!